Professional Painters – Plano, TX
How Do You Get Started? We Can Help
Before our Platinum Painting of Plano team comes into your home with paint cans or brushes, you as the homeowner need to prepare a few things in advance. First, please know that we will always respect your home and possessions! Take a few minutes to review the information below and kindly take these steps before we arrive to start work:
Why Choose Us:
- Based in Plano
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Serving All of North Texas
Preparing Your Interior
- Collect any precious items or knickknacks from mantles and tables, and store them safely.
- Remove paintings and pictures from the walls. Although we wouldn’t paint over these items, we don’t want to accidentally misplace them!
- Secure all pets in another area of the house throughout the project.
- If you have “child-proof” or “pet-proof” gates, please take them down so that our team can move easily through the house.
- For painting the inside of a closet, be sure to remove everything from it.
How We Will Prepare the Interior
- We will take time to move all furniture out of the room(s).
- First, we will remove and then reinstall any drapery.
- For multi-day projects, we will put down fresh plastic onto the floor every day.
- We will remove all switches and outlet plates and then put them back on after work is finished.
- If we need to perform other repairs (including sanding, replacing sheetrock, taping, etc) that were included in our initial estimate, we will take care of these tasks before we begin painting.
- We can provide texturing upon request.
- Our team will fill any cracks and nail holes to ensure a flawless finish.
- We will also caulk any cracks along the ceiling crowns, doorjambs, and baseboards.
- All wood surfaces will be cleaned, scuffed, and sanded.
- If you have existing wallpaper, we will remove it entirely.
Preparing Your Exterior
- Make sure that your sprinklers are turned off completely for the duration of the project! Our team would rather not get wet, and the painting results will look better without watermarks.
- Have wall hangings, plants, or other valuable items outside? Please remove them.
- Make sure to clean up after your pets and secure them away from our working space.
How We Will Prepare the Exterior
- Our first step is power washing every surface that we will paint. If there are areas that require gentle treatment, we’ll wash those areas by hand.
- We will take care of loose paint through hand scraping,.
- To make sure new or bare wood holds onto the paint well, we will prime these surfaces.
- Windows and entrances, including any major wood joints, will be properly caulked. In fact, don’t be surprised to see savings on your air conditioning bill!